Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 24, 2010

QT 24 May 10

Lev 26:3-13 (NIV) "'If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands,

I will send you rain in its season, ....

Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and

the grape harvest will continue until planting…

"'I will grant peace in the land, and you will lie down and no one will make you afraid. …

"'I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers,…

I will put my dwelling place among you, ...

I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people…

NOTE: The old covenant's blessings were works-based. Salvation was faith based, as Paul, James, and the writer of Hebrews argue when discussing Abraham's faith and the resulting righteousness. Unfortunately for Israel, they did not enjoy a lot of the blessings because they failed to follow the decrees and were not careful to obey the commands.

The new covenant's blessings are not material but spiritual. While grace is showered on the NC believer, the effects of sin and disobedience do affect the spiritual blessings. Sin separates us from God and closes the door to the spiritual blessings that God wants to shower on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment