Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 16, 2010

QT 16 Sep 10

Eph 2:4-5 (NIV) But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved.

NOTE: What initiates our salvation is not us, but God himself. It wasn't our seeking him. It wasn't our behavior. It wasn't anything good about us. The phrase "God, who is rich in mercy" highlights the fact that we needed mercy because what we deserved, was anything but salvation. We were spiritually dead because of our sin. And only by grace, which means an undeserved gift, were we saved. Deserving of death and undeserving of life, God saved us. Of course, we had to respond to the gift, and many today refuse to take the offer of salvation. Thank you Lord, for the gift of life. I know that I was undeserving of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment