Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

QT 5 Oct 10

Eph 3:14-15 (NIV) For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
NOTE: It is easy to forget that as adopted sons and daughters, we are part of a larger family.  We have an inheritance, but we also inherit a name.  Our new last name is God's.  I'm not sure how it is pronounced or said, but the fact remains, our new name is derived from God.  When people see me, it is not just my name that I represent, but it is God's name.  My actions reflect upon my family, the family of God, the true church, those who share in Christ, Jew and Gentile.  I don't think we are truly captured with that thought or the magnitude of the truth.  If we really let it sink in, it ought to radically affect how we live our lives in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment