Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

QT 16 Feb 11

2 Kings 22:8, 11-13 (NIV) Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the secretary, "I have found the Book of the Law in the temple of the Lord." He gave it to Shaphan, who read it. … 11 When the king heard the words of the Book of the Law, he tore his robes. 12 He gave these orders to Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam son of Shaphan, Acbor son of Micaiah, Shaphan the secretary and Asaiah the king's attendant: 13 "Go and inquire of the Lord for me and for the people and for all Judah about what is written in this book that has been found. Great is the Lord's anger that burns against us because our fathers have not obeyed the words of this book; they have not acted in accordance with all that is written there concerning us."

NOTE: The word of God is very powerful.  The first step in any endeavor needs to be reading the word of God, and then praying, talking back to God, about what the Lord has spoken through his word.  Josiah responds in repentance by tearing his clothes.  He immediately tries to seek guidance from the Lord.

How do we respond to God's word?  Do we take it for granted?  Has it become passé in our life?  How serious are we in getting the word of God into our life and allowing it to transform our life?  I need to renew my scripture memory habit.  It has been a good thing for many years, but I have allowed it to die a slow death.

No comments:

Post a Comment