Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 23, 2011

QT 23 May 11

Philem 6 (NIV) I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.

NOTE: This is another example of Paul's prayer for others.  It is a request that is outward focused and spiritual, as opposed to worldly and inward.  It also reveals an interesting truth.  Our ability to understand the blessings we have in Christ is directly affected by our activity in sharing our faith.  So, if we shrink back in our willingness or activity in sharing the gospel, we miss out in understanding some of the good things that we have in Christ.  I wonder if one of those good things is seeing a person come to the Lord and that life changed.  I have seen a few people whose life the gospel dramatically changed because of my witness.  It was and still is a great joy to me to have been a part of God's work.  I think we miss out on that joy when we are not actively sharing our faith.  Lord, give me boldness to stand up and identify with Jesus in all my activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment