Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

QT 25 Jun 13, Never forget to thank God for the blessings in life

1 Sam 2:3-5 (NIV) "Do not keep talking so proudly
or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
and by him deeds are weighed.

4 "The bows of the warriors are broken,
but those who stumbled are armed with strength.
5 Those who were full hire themselves out for food,
but those who were hungry hunger no more.
She who was barren has borne seven children,
but she who has had many sons pines away.

NOTE: You never know what tomorrow brings is the basic message of this part of Hannah's prayer. It is also a warning to never think too highly of yourself or to take credit for accomplishments you have experienced. It can easily all be gone in a heartbeat. Instead of arrogance and proud talk, thanksgiving is the best course.


Lord, I have a lot that I need to give thanks. You have provided a wonderful job, and every year fun tasks. You have provided a home and a ministry, both of which I could never have dreamed of living. I thank you for my wife and children. I thank you for my lot in life. I thank you for the person that you have crafted. Having said that, I would like to grow more in humility and in holiness. I want to be bolder in sharing the gospel. I want to be a good witness to the people you have placed around me. Thank you, thank you, thank you -- I am undeserving of your goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment