Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, September 28, 2015

QT 28 Sep 15, Isa 43:2-4, He is with us whatever we are going through

Isa 43:2-4 (ESV)
2  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
 when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
3 For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
 I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.
4 Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.

NOTE: These are beautiful verses. They are specific to Israel, but God has used them to speak to individual believers over the years. The verses convey the principle of the importance to God of His people. And that principle applies to the church as well as to Israel. We will go through hard times and it will seem overwhelming. The waters will appear to be too high, that we might drown. The flames, which follow, are too hot for us to handle and we worry of being burned or consumed. But in each case, God promises to be with us. Our life, spiritually, is very precious to him. In Israel's case, others died so that they might live (it was a physical promise). In the new covenant, some of this is turned around. We give our lives (physical) so that others might live (spiritually). But we lose nothing in the exchange, physical or spiritual. Jesus says that no one has given up house or home or fields or family--physical things--who will not receive a hundred times more in this life and in the life to come. We don't lose out, ever, because God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment