Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 22, 2010

QT 22 Nov 10

Eph 6:10-13 (NIV) Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

NOTE: This is Paul's final point, as evidenced by the word "finally." I would call this "walk in power." The power is found in putting on the whole armor of God. My guess is that each of the pieces of armor will relate back to the doctrinal portions of chapters 1-3. So, after telling us to put on the whole armor of God, Paul gives the reason: this is a spiritual battle against evil which you can't even see. Evil is coming and we must be ready to fight against it. I don't know if I truly recognize the evil battle that is occurring around me. Yes, I see the evil, but I don't pay attention to the source. I need to be more serious in my battle against evil. I need to understand each part of the armor and how it helps me in my battle against the forces of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment