Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, November 25, 2010

QT 25 Nov 10

Eph 6:13 (NIV) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

NOTE: Up to this point, Paul has discussed the application of chapters 1-3, in chapters 4-6 with the term "walk." Now, he says "stand," what is the difference. I would think that 'walk' refers to a way of life, how you live, how you interact, and how you go about life. But 'stand,' especially in the context, is a military term, i.e., "stand your ground." And the passage starts out with a discussion of the enemy and his strength. So these verses are specifically referring to the spiritual warfare that will occur in life, and how we are to defend ourselves, and to not lose ground to the enemy. I think these verses are more personal in nature as opposed to verses concerning the Christian movement. There will come times in a person's life where the enemy will make a frontal assault upon our faith. We are to 'STAND,' and not lose ground. I think many of us think that we can 'shrink back,' because God will accept us when we return to him. But God is not pleased with those who 'shrink back.'

Heb 10:38 But my righteous one will live by faith. // And if he shrinks back, // I will not be pleased with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment