Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, May 14, 2012

QT 14 May 12, God became man to show himself to all -- who are we showing God to?


John 1:11, 18 (NIV) He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
. . .
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

NOTE: The phrase, "his own," refers to the people of God, the Jews. Jesus, born in a Jewish family with a line to David through both step-Father, mother, and God was rejected by his people, the people of Israel. But while the nation rejected him, many believed in him and so were born into the family of God. No one has ever seen God, but Jesus' incarnation as Son of God has made him known to all. I can see God through the pages of the New Testament. The creator of the universe humbled himself to be seen and known by all. He went first to the people he chose to make himself known in the world but who had failed in their mission. They also failed to recognize the times or the person of Christ. And therefore, God turned to a mixture of Jewish and Gentile believers, bonded together by the love of Christ, to carry the good news to the ends of the earth. I have benefitted from that message. I have been reborn because someone cared enough to tell me the story. Who am I telling the story to? Do I have the same passion to share the story as though whose witness saved me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment