Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, January 24, 2014

QT 23 Jan 14, Why are we so complacent about such a great salvation?

Matt 11:13-17 (ESV) For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John,  14 and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come.

15  He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

16 "But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their playmates,

17 "'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.'


NOTE:  I wonder if Jesus' statement in verse 14 meant, that if they accepted him, John would be Elijah to come, but since "this" generation did not accept the Messiah, Elijah still remains to come. The first time Jesus came he played the flute, the second time he will sing a dirge. And it is not until the last moment that the nation of Israel recognizes his messiah-ship. It is easy to be critical of Israel, but we are not much better. There are scores in the church who are only interested in fire insurance and have no real desire to walk with God. How sad? Do they truly even understand their salvation? How can the church trample to the ground something of such great value? We are all fools, because we have so little faith. He gave so much and we are so unmoved. Forgive me Lord for my lack of faith. Forgive me for my complacency. I want to live for you and love you by my deeds and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment