Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

QT 29 Jul 14, To those who know God, we are always loved

Ps 73:21-26 (ESV) When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,
22 I was brutish and ignorant;
I was like a beast toward you.

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25  Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26  My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


NOTE: This is so true -- when we are in those dark periods, where emotions control our thoughts, where pricks dig painfully at our souls, we act like fools toward God, forgetting who God is and whom we serve. And yet, our response to God does not change his love for us. Yes, it can change his actions and even our rewards, but he does not love us any less. Because, for God, love is a commitment. It never changes. It gives us hope and frees us from fear. Perfect love casts out fear. We can never not be loved -- how amazing! But we can trigger his discipline (because he loves us so much). "It is fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Heb 10:31)." That verse was written to believers who were falling away. God is like a parent, who will do whatever it takes to bring us back to him. A good parent knows that discipline, while painful, is for our best. And so God acts in love for his children, but he never ever stops loving us. No matter how ugly we are to him. Thank you Lord for you immeasurable grace and kindness toward me.

No comments:

Post a Comment