Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

QT 11 Mar 15, Rom 7:21-25, It is not good but it is normal to struggle with sin

Rom 7:21-25 (ESV) So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.


NOTE: So, Paul's struggle here is clearly a struggle as a believer, and not before he came to Christ or just theoretical. He says in vs 22 that he delights in the law of God in his inner being. He also says that he has been delivered by Jesus, yet also he says that in his flesh he serves the law of sin. There is a war that we struggle with all the years of our life on earth. It does not excuse our actions. It does not obviate the need to struggle and war against the flesh (as it wars against the mind). It is a real thing that we all deal with but in different ways. The worst failure is to think you have no struggle, because I would argue then that sin has won (in pride for sure, but in other areas as well). Father be merciful to us. We are weak creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment