Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 30, 2015

QT 30 Mar 15, Heb 10:30, God calls us to be his witnesses

Heb 10:39 (ESV) But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

NOTE: Am I embarrassed by my faith? Do I stand up for what I believe in, even when it is not popular? I think all of us struggle at times in this pluralistic culture with identifying with our faith. Our culture has worked so hard at destroying every aspect of our faith, although mostly without knowledge. Their arguments are poor and in error, but usually reside in catchy phrases and slogans and half-truths that sound good. It is not as if God needs defending, he will have the final say, but if we don't speak up, people will never know the truth. And besides, God has called us to be his witnesses and ambassadors to the nations. We really don't have a choice if we want to be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment