Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

QT 2 Aug 16, 1 Pet 1:8-9, An inexpressible joy!

1 Peter 1:7d–9 (ESV) — … at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

NOTE: It is amazing, that a person we cannot see, we can love so greatly. How is it? I know of many historical persons, but I don't love them. I even see many famous persons, whom I have not met, but while I might greatly admire them, I don't love them. But this Jesus, historical and never truly seen, I love with all of my heart. Why? Because he is so very real to me. I know that he hears my prayers. I know that he cares for me. I know that he is hurt by my sin. I know that he is working in my life for good. And most importantly, I know that he died for my sin so that I may now experience eternal life, both in this physical world, and in the coming millennial kingdom, and the eternal age which follows. How can I know all that? It is strange. I do and I know it deep within me in a manner that is not easily explainable. Does that make it not true? No, there is no logical argument that the latter explanation is untrue. One can argue that it does not prove anything, and in that I would agree, but that is different from being untrue. How does one explain love for a child? How does one prove it? All the answers can be refuted, but while we might not be able to prove it, it does not make it untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment