Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

QT 2 May 17, Matt 17:22-23, The HS is our helper in life

Matthew 17:22–23 (ESV) — 22 As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, “The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men, 23 and they will kill him, and he will be raised on the third day.” And they were greatly distressed.

NOTE: After the rejection by the nation, Jesus spends more time with his disciples and begins to open up about the path the Father has laid before him. Jesus knew this from the beginning and had hinted at it in the past. I'm sure it was upsetting. To have God as a friend in human form who can sit next to you and tell you what you need to do, well, …, it is the same thing we have today, except for the tangible human form. But putting myself in those shoes, I would have been very distressed. To lose someone who was so important to you and to know it ahead of time might have been even worse. That is probably why Jesus tells them about the helper he would send and why the helper was so important. Jesus, in human form, cannot be near every person, but the Holy Spirit can reside within every person. Do we think about the fact that we have the helper, the HS residing in our heart who is ready to help us through life's difficulties? I must confess that I forget this fact far too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment