Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

QT 6/9/2021 Mal 1:10, Does my worship honor God?

Malachi 1:10 (ESV) — 10 Oh that there were one among you who would shut the doors, that you might not kindle fire on my altar in vain! I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord of hosts, and I will not accept an offering from your hand. 

NOTE: The reference here is strictly specific to the Jewish worship process. This is not a call to block the doorways of every entity where we feel God's word is being disobeyed. There were a lot of immoral practices in Jesus' day but he did not try to stop any except for the worship process. In the temple, he turned over the tables of the moneychangers because of where they placed them and the hypocrisy in how they were run. The leaders were profiting over worship in a deceitful way. Among those who call themselves Christians, we are called to challenge immoral behavior especially as it relates to worship. But, I do not find a requirement in scripture to force those who do not know God to live in a manner worthy of God. There is a saying we have used, "do not expect regenerate behavior for the unregenerate." Also, Jesus himself says to leave vengeance to God. Someday God will judge the world for their immoral ways.

PONDER

1) What do I do in worship that makes my worship in vain? Does my mind drift off to worldly thoughts? Or do I focus on what God has done in my life in the worship music?

2) In the message, do I listen for what God is telling me I need to change? Or am I only there to confirm my own biases and walk out unchanged in direction?

PRAYER: Father, the days grow short before your coming. So many people need to know the savior. The world is shaming our heroes and canceling the messages of the godly. I pray that we would be bold to take you word forth into the world and not ashamed to proclaim the name of Jesus. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment