Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, October 6, 2011

QT 6 Oct 11, We represent Christ to a world who desperately needs him


1 Peter 2:1-5 (NIV) Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3 now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

4 As you come to him, the living Stone — rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

NOTE: I am a living stone.  I'm part of a spiritual building.  I am a priest in the new covenant.  A priest is a mediator between God and man.  In the new covenant, all believers are part of the priesthood.  We have access to our Father because of Jesus' death.  We are mediators because we represent God to the world around us.  They do not have access to God because they do not have faith.  We can tell them about God.  We can appeal to God for them.  We can them how to have a relationship with God.  Paul calls us ambassadors for Christ.  As priests and ambassadors, many who carry the name of Christ, do a poor job of representing him.  At times, it would seem that God would be better off without many of his priests and ambassadors.  Father, forgive me for my failures to represent you to those around me.  Empower me to live in a manner that pleases you and rightly represents you to those around me who so desperately need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment