Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

QT 2 Nov 2011, There are blessings to the NT believer


Rom 10:12-13 (NIV) For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile — the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

NOTE: Someone that I respect highly says that the NT does not have promises of blessings, and by that I think he means material blessings.  The OT law is built around the curses and blessings, which are all material.  The NT focus is on spiritual blessings, but I think he might be overstating the difference between the OT and NT.  God does richly bless all who call upon him.  I also think it is primarily spiritual for the NT believer, and clearly salvation is the greatest blessing, but there are other verses which seem to suggest even material blessings.  Proverbs which are not really part of the OT law suggests following certain principles of life will bring blessing.  Another is Jesus' admonition to give up all to follow him with a promise to receive 100 times more in this life and the age to come.  And also the passage that describes how the rich believer is to use what God has given him is another inference.  But whatever the truth here, for me two things are paramount, be thankful and use blessings wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment