Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, April 23, 2015

QT 23 Apr 15, Isa 40:25-26, God is far beyond our imaginations of Him

Isa 40:25-26 (ESV)
25  To whom then will you compare me,
that I should be like him? says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes on high and see:
who created these?
 He who brings out their host by number,
calling them all by name,
by the greatness of his might,
and because he is strong in power
not one is missing.


NOTE: My problem is that I put God on a human scale, just much greater, but that is a fallacy. God cannot be compared to anyone, or really any imagined one, because our imagination would fall so far short of his glory, holiness, immensity, wisdom, and power--and I think I left quite a few attributes off that I also could not find a comparison. I can't comprehend how he thinks. I can't out-think him or out-argue him (although many seem to think that if God does exist, they will engage him at death in verbal arguments for which he will have no answer -- how very foolish!). So what can I do? I can obey. I can trust Him. I can believe him at his word. Actually, anything less than those three really is foolishness (if God exists). But I believe, I know in my heart that he does exist. I have experiencedthe life changing presence of the Holy Spirit, and the change which Jesus wrought in my heart when I first put my faith in him. I know him experiential-ly in an extremely small way, but what I know overwhelms me.

No comments:

Post a Comment