Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 8, 2016

QT 8 Jul 16, 1 Tim 5:24-25, Justice WILL be exercised

1 Tim 5:24-25 The sins of some people are conspicuous, going before them to judgment, but the sins of others appear later. 25 So also good works are conspicuous, and even those that are not cannot remain hidden.


NOTE: I think it bothers us that we do not see justice now, I mean, right now or at least very quickly. It is not right, we scream--I've been hurt and the other person is not affected in any way (we think). And the worst part is that we are correct that there needs to be justice. It is not right and it demands justice, but no justice is seen. John Piper has a great thought on this topic. For every injustice, there are two possibilities. One, the person is a believer and Jesus died on the cross for his or her sins. In no way do I want to demean Jesus' death which also paid for all my sins. It is sufficient. I believe it is sufficient for all sins. Two, the person is not a believer, and consequently, the depths of hell await the person if he does not repent. And I cannot improve in any degree upon the justice shown there. In fact, I can't improve on either two options. In the end, I am just thankful that mercy has been shown to me. Like Paul, at times, I want to say, I am the worst of sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment