Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 24, 2017

QT 24 Jul 17, Ps 146:1-2, Praise the Lord

Psalm 146:1–2, 10 (ESV) —
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
10 The Lord will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the Lord!

NOTE: This is a chiastic Psalm, it builds up and then comes back down similarly. The beginning and end (A and A') is the phrase "Praise the Lord!" The next part of the structure (B and B') contain the two thoughts, "I will praise God as long as I have being" and "God will reign forever." Since my belief in God (and the work of his Son on the cross) secures for me eternal life, and God is eternal, I will always be praising God. It really is and ought to be a regular part of my life. In today's age, it seems archaic to say "praise the Lord," because we have so firmly entrenched ourselves as gods of our destiny. But it is not true, although God has given us limited autonomy and the associated consequences due to our rebellion, we are not in charge. God still reigns even as he allowed mankind to destroy their spiritual selves. Father, help me to never to be embarrassed to say "praise the Lord." You are worthy of all the praise I can give to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment