Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, February 19, 2018

QT 19 Feb 18, Rev 19:15-16, We are incapable of governing ourselves


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
16
 2/19
Rev 19:11-21
Revelation 19:15–16 (ESV) — 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
Soon, at least in God's timeframe, Jesus will return to judge the earth for its sin. This is the picture of the second coming. His first coming ended in his blood shed to redeem a people to himself. His second coming will start with the blood of the world to begin a rule that will also redeem man's purpose.
I don't wish pain on anyone and I don't understand God's holiness enough to realize the importance of justice. But I do look forward to his rule. I do not fear God's rod of iron, because I completely trust his authority. My world is spirally out of control. And we are too stupid to see the real reasons for its destruction and folly.
Lord, have mercy. Even now, open our eyes to the real issues, not the periphery. Help us to see that our culture has embraced evil. We are blinded and heading for a train wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment