Hebrews 11:29–31 (ESV) —
29 By faith the people crossed the Red Sea as on dry land, but the Egyptians, when they attempted to do the same, were drowned. 30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days. 31 By faith Rahab the prostitute did not perish with those who were disobedient, because she had given a friendly welcome to the spies.
NOTE: I think it is interesting that the generation that left Egypt is commended, and yet that generation died in the desert for their unbelief concerning the first spies report. The generation that entered the land is commended but it failed to fulfill the mission and capture the whole land.
What does it say about us? I think starting out well is good, but even more important is finishing well. Finishing the race depends on everything, a good start, a good pace in the middle, and energy to sprint out at the end. The Israelite generations had good starts but they did not finish strong. They did not persevere.
PONDER:
- It is hard to wait. It is hard to persevere. What am I waiting upon that God has not provided or answered yet? Give it back to him
PRAYER: Father, as I wait upon your answer for a number of different requests, I pray for strength and faith to trust you. I pray for your will in each of the situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment