Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, March 25, 2010

QT 25 Mar 20

Ex 15:2 (NIV) The Lord is my strength and my song;

he has become my salvation.

He is my God, and I will praise him,

my father's God, and I will exalt him.

NOTE: After the Egyptian army is destroyed in the Red Sea, the Israelites come to some conclusions, which they put to song, probably to help them remember. A few are referenced in this verse here. One conclusion, God is my strength. I don't have to do it in my own strength but can trust in God's strength to accomplish His purpose. In fact, I probably just get in the way when I try to do things in my strength.

Two, God is my salvation. I can never earn it, work hard enough to achieve it, or be good enough to deserve it. Salvation is a gift. All I can do it accept the gift and praise the giver.

Three, for Israel, God who rescued them is the same person who worked in the lives of their forefathers. His work continues. God sees things from an eternal perspective. Sometimes we are too focused on God's work in individuals. His work in individuals is dependent upon his work in nations. In this case, 400 years are used to paint a picture of bondage to sin and redemption from slavery to sin. We might argue that He was not fair to those who did not see their redemption, but that is only because we value our temporal lives more than we do our eternal lives. God has a bigger picture in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment