Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, March 12, 2010

QT 12 Mar 10

Ex 6:6-9 (NIV) "Therefore, say to the Israelites: 'I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.'"

9 Moses reported this to the Israelites, but they did not listen to him because of their discouragement and cruel bondage.

NOTE: God's message was true; it was to be fulfilled absolutely; it was not too distant; it was a message of hope; and it was a message directly to the people. But the people "did not listen … because of their discouragement and cruel bondage." This is a very common response to truth -- we don't listen when the pain around is too great or where we have felt let down already. Moses had already spoken a message of hope that left them in greater pain. They had already given up. Their faith was very weak. There is a tremendous message here to those who would listen -- life will not always go the way we want even when we are standing smack dab in the middle of the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment