Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, March 26, 2010

QT 26 Mar 10

Ex 15:9-10 (NIV) "The enemy boasted,

'I will pursue, I will overtake them.

I will divide the spoils;

I will gorge myself on them.

I will draw my sword

and my hand will destroy them.'

10 But you blew with your breath,

and the sea covered them.

They sank like lead

in the mighty waters.

NOTE: Today, many scoff at Christianity. Some are blatantly opposed to the ideas of Christianity, interestingly more so than other religious ideas. They imagine how wonderful life would be without the trappings of religion -- some of which I might agree, i.e., the religious who just go through the motions without any real faith. Someday they may get their wish, if the "restrainer," discussed in Revelation, turns out to be the restraining influence of the church. I don't think they will like what they will see. Like the Egyptian Army referenced in this verse, they boast and talk a lot, but ultimately all people will stand before God to give an account. And there is no fancy speech or overpowering argument that will cause God to reconsider His judgment. How dumb can our intellectual elites be -- to think that the infinite God might get jousted in an argument by a finite mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment