Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, April 29, 2011

QT 29 Apr 11

Jer 17:5 (NIV) This is what the Lord says:

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

NOTE: I think, for me, that one of the most difficult things about living the Christian life in a modern age, is depending upon one's own intellect, resources, and hard work to live.  I suppose that is why the prayer at the beginning of Shenadoah is so different from the prayer at the end of the movie.  By the end of the film, the family has been devastated by a war the Father did not want or support.  In the end, he could not stop what had happened.  In the end, he realized that what he had -- although it looked as if he worked for it, sweated for it, and struggled for it -- even still, it was a gift from the hand of God.  Maybe that is the key.  I am called to work, to be wise, to be thrifty, to be prudent, and to give, yet in the end, it is still the hand of God that has been gracious to me.  Thank you Lord.  May I always believe that all that I have or do not have, is your gracious hand toward me.

No comments:

Post a Comment