Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 4, 2011

QT 4 Apr 11

Phil 3:20-4:1 (NIV) But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

4 Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends!

NOTE: How should we stand firm?  One, recognize that our citizenship is in heaven.  This world is not our home, it is not our reward, it is not what we live for.  Second, await the coming of the Savior.  I may have the opportunity which Paul did not have, and that is to attain the resurrection (the rapture) from the dead (the spiritually dead).  Paul hoped in that day, and I too hope for it.  I'm a lot closer to it than Paul was.  The thing that we don't realize, is that we lose nothing with the rapture.  And I sincerely believe that.  Eden was God's plan before the rebellion.  Who are we to know what God's plan is after the rapture?  We do know there is no giving of marriage, but that does not discount some other relationship between people.  We just don't know.  But no one has given up houses, wife, children, parents, or things who will not receive one hundred times as much in this life and in the age to come.  Third, we can stand firm because we know our bodies will be transformed to be like his body.  We won't struggle with the flesh, because our bodies will be uncorrupted, like Adam's and Eve's were before they had to cover them up because of their rebellion.  Lord, help me to encourage others with these truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment