Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, July 11, 2011

QT 11 Jul 11, Are we faithful in what God has given us?


Jer 22:15-17 (NIV) "Does it make you a king
to have more and more cedar?
Did not your father have food and drink?
He did what was right and just,
so all went well with him.
16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?"
declares the Lord.
17 "But your eyes and your heart
are set only on dishonest gain,
on shedding innocent blood
and on oppression and extortion."

NOTE:  When the position is more important than the duties, then something is wrong.  We are not given jobs to glory in (talking to those with significant high-paying jobs), but to make a difference.  When we achieve self-importance, then we have sunk to valueless-ness.  It is not the titles, or the money, or the prestige.  Jesus said it well, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded."  The kings forgot why they had been given much and they misused what God gave them.

God has given me much as well.  Am I using what he has given me rightly?  Am I using it for others?  Obviously we do give our money to many, and use it in many ministries.  But, the answer to that questions varies with the amount given.  And it is worthwhile to ask the question again.  Am I using what God has given or am I trying to keep some of it for myself?  God, help me to see what you would have me do.

No comments:

Post a Comment