Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

QT 9 Dec 14, Isa 30:8, It is good to wait on the Lord

Isa 30:18 (ESV) Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you,
and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you.
For the Lord is a God of justice;
blessed are all those who wait for him.


NOTE: Recently I was disappointed by not getting a job where I thought I had interviewed very well. It was a good test of faith. One, I had told God that I wanted his best and that if this was not the best place for me that he would close the door. So, the door is closed and I must believe that God has answered the prayer. Two, it is good to wait. No matter how often I have to learn that lesson, it is still good. Three, God is not holding something back from me. I may not be equipped for the job, but God is not holding back. He desires to be gracious to me. And so, I can be confident that there will be other opportunities or even, there are opportunities where I am right now to be a witness for his name's sake. I need to keep a proper perspective and rejoice in all things. Thanks Lord for all the things which you are teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment