Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 1, 2015

QT 1 Jun 15, Isa 5:3-4, Called to display real fruit

Isa 5:3-4 (ESV) And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem
and men of Judah,
judge between me and my vineyard.
4  What more was there to do for my vineyard,
that I have not done in it?
 When I looked for it to yield grapes,
why did it yield wild grapes?

NOTE: The message to Israel is also applicable to us. God has done a lot for us and he expects to see fruit that represents his investment in our lives. The fruit (or character) that he expects was revealed in the life of his son, his exact representation (Heb 1). And so that means to me, that I need to show a genuine love and concern for others that goes beyond words to actions. I must be willing to sacrifice my plans and goals at times to meet the needs of others. I need to show kindness and gentleness in my business dealings. And I need to treat everyone with the same level of respect, irrespective of persons or lifestyle or philosophy. God has called me to love others. That does not mean I have to change my view on truth, but I need to present truth with gentleness and respect (1 Pet 3:15).

No comments:

Post a Comment