Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 15, 2015

QT 15 Jun 15, Isa 12:1, God longs to comfort his children

Isa 12:1 (ESV) You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
for though you were angry with me,
 your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.

NOTE: God is so kind and forgiving despite our stupidity and sin. Even when we fail him, he still loves us and longs to comfort us. He is gracious to us while we are foolish. He is a Father who cares for his children, whom he allows to call, Abba. He knows what is best for us. Sometimes he disciplines us and sometimes he allows us to experience the effects of our choices, another form of discipline. But, all the time He remains there to comfort us when we repent. God thank you for the mercy you show to me. Have mercy on your church, have mercy on our nation and on our culture. We have strayed so far from you, and even worse, we are proud of our foolishness. I know that most in our culture are not your children and do not have the promise of you as our Father, but I still pray for mercy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment