Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 8, 2015

QT 8 Jun 15, Isa 8:11-13, We need to be more concerned about living for God then the world's conspiracies

Isa 8:11-13 (ESV) For the Lord spoke thus to me with his strong hand upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people, saying: 12 "Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread. 13 But the Lord of hosts, him you shall regard as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

NOTE: As believers we spend far too much time and effort worrying about conspiracies, and far too little time considering God's holiness. We believe God is in charge and yet we don't believe he is in charge. And while he does not control men whom he has given free will, he does know how to work out all things for our good. How does he do that, we might ask, since he does not overrule our free will? His knowledge and ways are far above ours. I might be able to give an explanation, but it would be feeble and human, so I will stick with what I know from what God has revealed in his word. We have free will. We choose to believe or not to believe. We are not preselected to believe, that is our choice. In Romans, God says that those he foreknew, … he predestined … he selected. In other words, he knew our choice--he did not force our choice. He promises to bring good out of every situation (also Romans), but does not say how he does it. He allows evil to work in our world so that, as Jesus tells us, we might repent. No one turns to God because life is so easy and so great. Men turned to God when everything around them has failed and collapsed. When life is good, rejoice, but when life is hard and evil, remember God has made one as well as the other. For myself, I need to remember God at all times. And I need to make right choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment