Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

QT 17 Feb 16, Ps 42:11, Our soul shall not always be cast down

Ps 42:11 (ESV) Why are you cast down, O my soul,
      and why are you in turmoil within me?
      Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
      my salvation and my God

NOTE: There was a time where this verse was only a hope and a prayer. Life seemed so hard and so painful. It was hard to imagine that good times remained. Of course a lot has happened in the 25 plus years since and most of it has been good. But when we are in pain, we wonder if we will ever be able to cast off the depression and turmoil currently weighing upon us. Pain does help us to appreciate joy, but hopelessness just hurts. It does have some good, because we recognize what others are dealing with and it helps us to be more compassionate. But turmoil to excess is not necessary to experience life. God says he will wipe away every tear in the future kingdom. I often wonder if that means all pain or only the debilitating pain that makes us hopeless. I really don't know but I am sure that whatever God's plan is, it will be the better than anything I might plan. Lord, thank you for the joy of today. I don't know how long it will last, but I want to praise you for it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment