Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

QT 16 Mar 16, Ps 23:1-2, God leads us to still waters (peace)

Psalm 23:1–2 (RSV)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;
he makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;

NOTE: We all want things, but we also want a quality of life that is not dependent on things. We want peace. We want relationships where we are affirmed, loved, respected, and supported. But, sometimes we seek "things" as the 'end-all' that will provide all of our needs, not realizing that we have greater needs that things will never satisfy. "Things" are like a drug. They feel good at first but quickly lose their ability to provide the same feeling over time. They make us happy but then we are discontent and need a new "thing." But peace does not let us down, at least until it leaves, and then we realize how important it is. And usually peace leaves because of some poor decision on our part. Of course, peace also comes and goes because we live in a fallen world. But God promises to lead us to places that provide the peace that we so desperately desire. Even just meeting with him every morning, provides a type of peace that few people truly understand. God thank you for your gift of peace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment