Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 7, 2016

QT 7 Mar 16, Isa 43:13, God is in control, but not as we want

Isaiah 43:13 (RSV)
13 “I am God, and also henceforth I am He;
there is none who can deliver from my hand;
I work and who can hinder it?”


NOTE: In the grand scheme of things, I certainly recognize God's sovereignty. And even in the smaller things, He still remains in charge. But these are actually two different things in my mind. In the former, he is bringing about His will and His plan. He is active and intervenes as necessary to accomplish that will. In the smaller areas, He allows man free will, and evil men exercise that will against His children. He is not unaware and He can intervene if necessary, but the scripture suggests that intervention is the more rare event. Romans 8:28 teaches us that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. In other words, God takes the bad things the world throws at us (and the things that God chooses not to intervene or change) and works good in our lives. Working good does not mean it will be pleasurable or that we will not experience pain, only that it will be for our ultimate good and according to His will. So these areas, the grand scheme and the small individual day-to-day things are really quite different in how God's sovereignty is exercised.

No comments:

Post a Comment