Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, September 7, 2020

QT 7 Sep 2020, Joel 3:1-3, Judgment for our sexual sins


Joel 3:1–3 (ESV) — 1 “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, 3 and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it.

NOTE: I find it interesting that God brings up sexual slavery, a very real and current problem. This is an evil that is going on throughout the world and it really is being ignored. It is just one of many sexual sins that we are guilty as a nation, actually as a world. Sexual identity, homosexual marriage, adultery, pre-marital relations, etc., the list goes on. And God says through Joel, "I will enter in judgment with them there." This is the battle of Armageddon, where the nations of the world, under the leadership of the antichrist seek the final solution. It is a hatred of Israel? Yes and no, it is a hatred of the seed of Israel that can save the whole world. There is one more step required for God's victory; it is for the Jews to acknowledge Jesus as a savior. Jesus promised that they will not see him again until they acknowledge him as Lord and call upon him. And so, that is Satan's last trump card. Destroy the nation and you destroy the return of the Messiah.

PRAYER: Father, we are guilty of sin and deserving of judgment. We have no excuse. We have no argument -- only the fools think they will argue. No, most of the planet will grind their teeth in an unquenchable fire because they refused to believe. I pray that I would live in such a way that people would see the joy of the Lord in my life. I pray it would attract them to the savior. I pray I can save some from the deadly time that is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment