Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

QT 8 Sep 2020, Joel 3:4-7, There is only ONE way to salvation


Joel 3:4–8 (ESV) — 4 “What are you to me, O Tyre and Sidon, and all the regions of Philistia? Are you paying me back for something? If you are paying me back, I will return your payment on your own head swiftly and speedily. 5 For you have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried my rich treasures into your temples. 6 You have sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks in order to remove them far from their own border. 7 Behold, I will stir them up from the place to which you have sold them, and I will return your payment on your own head. 8 I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, to a nation far away, for the Lord has spoken.”

NOTE: It is hard to say who are the Phoenicians and Philistines of today. Today those regions have many Palestinians and enemies of Israel. And even today, Israel has returned to its own land and brought destruction on the heads of these enemies. But, I believe this is specific to the tribulation period. These are enemies of God and God's people, and they will be dealt with roughly. They will become true slaves to Satan and will go with him to his eternal torment. The Sabeans are the nation of Yemen today. A godless group that is involved in terrorism and piracy. The Palestinians are their slaves as they are slaves to the evil one. They need to repent but are blinded by the false religion of Islam.

PRAYER: Lord, I pray for those in Arab nations to hear the gospel and turn and repent. The days are evil and coming to a close. They need to seek you with all of their heart and turn from their wicked ways. Break the stranglehold of false religion. There is only one way to salvation and that is through the blood of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment