Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

QT 21 Jan 15, Judges 15:16-18, Past experiences are no substitute for a belief that God cares for me

Judg 15:16-18 (ESV) And Samson said,

"With the jawbone of a donkey,
heaps upon heaps,
with the jawbone of a donkey
have I struck down a thousand men."

17 As soon as he had finished speaking, he threw away the jawbone out of his hand. And that place was called Ramath-lehi.

18 And he was very thirsty, and he called upon the Lord and said, "You have granted this great salvation by the hand of your servant, and shall I now die of thirst and fall into the hands of the uncircumcised?"


NOTE: So Samson has a great victory over a thousand Philistine soldiers, and then he is overcome by thirst to the point that he cries out to God for deliverance. I see this all the time in myself and other believers. No matter how great the victory or the experience of God's presence, the newest difficult is always the greatest. And it seems that we forget the past victories, the past experiences, and the past faithfulness of God at that one singular moment. And in that moment, God will provide, and then we will forget that provision when the next painful occurrence of life strikes at us. Why is it so hard to walk by faith? Do we really believe that God cares for us? And if we did, we would not worry about whether or HOW God chooses to answer our call for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment