Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, January 29, 2015

QT 29 Jan 15, Eph 4:1-3, Strength expressed in kindness

Eph 4:1-3 (ESV) I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

NOTE: In context, the passage deals with our relationships within the body of Christ, the church, but I believe it is equally applicable to our relationships outside of the church. We are certainly called to a very high standard -- a manner worthy of our calling. We are to exhibit humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love. The term "kindness" comes to mind in quads. Our life isn't characterized by weakness but by strength exercised with dignity and grace. I have known men with utmost strength but also showed the dignity of kindness. I have been more impressed with those men than those who blew up and promoted themselves and their accomplishments. God help me to be this kind of man, strong and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment