Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

QT 11 Nov 11, Isa 60:12-14, The day of justice is coming

Isa 60:12-14 (ESV) For the nation and kingdom
that will not serve you shall perish;
those nations shall be utterly laid waste.
14  The sons of those who afflicted you
shall come bending low to you,
 and all who despised you
shall bow down at your feet;
 they shall call you the City of the Lord,
the Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

NOTE: The passage is a promise specific to the nation of Israel and it  concerns other nations and their response to Israel. God is very clearly that he will destroy the nations who would not serve Israel. In the millennial kingdom, the ruler ship of the earth will center in Jerusalem. Jesus will rule over all the nations. David will rule over Israel. The church shall assist in ruling and judging the nations, but we shall all serve Jesus. We will finally have justice and we will finally have peace. Life will be as God originally intended it to be. We shall eat of the tree of life and shall live forever. I suppose I won't really care whether I was proved right or not in that day. I will be happy to be alive and to have been given eternal life by Jesus' sacrifice. Sometimes I wonder, while I am singing in church, if every time I worship in the kingdom, whether I will cry at the thought that God loved me and saved me and I was so unworthy. I wonder if I will ever not cry at that thought. I wonder if I ever would want to not cry. Thank you God for my salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment