Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 30, 2015

QT 30 Nov 15, 2 Chron 25:9, What is my motivation?

2 Chron 25:9 (ESV) And Amaziah said to the man of God, "But what shall we do about the hundred talents that I have given to the army of Israel?" The man of God answered, "The Lord is able to give you much more than this."

NOTE: We worry too much about things that are inconsequential. What is money to a person who has infinite resources, like God? Of course, we don't have infinite resources, and so the idea of being swindled or wasting our money, because God has asked us to do something, is difficult for us. If I am in the will of God, I really can't be taken advantage of. Oh, it might look like that to the other person or to a third party, but I would hate to be either of those persons. There are so many things so much more important than money. It should not be my motivation in life. People, and the direction of their lives needs to be my motivation. How can I impact people for good? How can I show them the savior? How can I be different around them in comparison to other people who don't know God. My purpose here, is not to accumulate money. My purpose is to be a light and a witness. If I fail at that, what good is the money. Lord help me to think about people and to think of how to be a light to them. Give me boldness to take advantage of the opportunities as they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment