Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 23, 2015

QT 23 Nov 15, Isa 66:22-24, God's plan is coming to fruition

Isa 66:22-24 (ESV) "For as the new heavens and the new earth
that I make
shall remain before me, says the Lord,
so shall your offspring and your name remain.
23  From new moon to new moon,
and from Sabbath to Sabbath,
all flesh shall come to worship before me,
declares the Lord.

24 "And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

NOTE: The book of Isaiah resembles the construction of the Christian bible in some aspects. It ends like Revelation does prophesying a new heavens and a new earth and a finished judgment. Men will die because they refused to believe and they chose to continue in Adam's rebellion. The rest of the world shall come and worship God in the new Jerusalem. It is hard to imagine at times and it is hard to understand. I know that God will remove the worries, fears, and tears of life, and yet some of that is what makes joy so wonderful. But God knows our emotional and relational needs. He will provide life that is meaningful. He will provide lasting joy and peace. He will provide a better place than what we created in our own strength. We tend to think of how great we are in our accomplishments, but they are quite puny and sometimes futile. For the believer, God will provide as he has from the beginning. One thing I've learned from Jacob, is that I would be nothing without God. My personal accomplishments are gifts from God. I can be prudent and smart in my planning, but God is the one who works out my future. I wonder what the next few years, months, even days hold? I need to trust and wait upon my God who richly gives me more than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment