Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, January 1, 2016

QT 1 Jan 16, Exo 34:2, In 2016, let us meet with God regularly

Exodus 34:2 (RSV)
2 Be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning to Mount Sinai, and present yourself there to me on the top of the mountain.”

NOTE: In context, God was calling Moses up to Mount Sinai to meet with him for the giving of the law. He was to bring two stone tablets, which he would later break upon returning down the mountain. And he was on the mountain for forty days. So, metaphorically it breaks down somewhat as a passage for quiet time. But God does want to meet with us, and he does want us to carry something away from his word. That is why I meet with the Lord every morning and I read a short passage of scripture. I also try to write something down that I can carry with me during the week. For my generation, the tools are there in abundance to do such things. The Youversion bible phone app offers hundreds of devotionals of any length in the "plans" section that a person can use to read a short passage, and a companion devotional. There is no lack of Ideas or ways to have a quiet time every morning in 2016. We need to listen to God. In many verses, God calls us to come to him. If we want to grow in our relationship with God, we must meet with God regularly and not half-heartedly. This is the year to meet with God regularly and to transform spiritually. Don't miss out on the greatest of all presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment