Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

QT 12/14/2022 Psalm 2:1-9, Justice is coming

Psalm 2:1–9 (ESV) —

1 Why do the nations rage

and the peoples plot in vain?

4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;

the Lord holds them in derision.

5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,

and terrify them in his fury, saying,

6 “As for me, I have set my King

on Zion, my holy hill.”

7 I will tell of the decree:

The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;

today I have begotten you.

8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,

and the ends of the earth your possession.

9 You shall break them with a rod of iron

and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”

 

NOTE: Someday, we will have justice. Truth will prevail. Corruption will end. And we will have peace on earth. I can't wait for that day when Jesus sits on God's holy hill and rules the nations. My heart longs for it, especially as I see our country move further away from the principles of scripture. We have harvested wind in our struggles, and people can't see what is right before their eyes. They think sin is good and they are destroying themselves in their sin. Come Lord Jesus, come. Restore everything as it was in the beginning. Take away the pain and suffering of life. Bring back the beauty that we had in the garden.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I pray "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven?"

 

PRAYER: Lord, open the eyes of this world to their sinful ways. Change their hearts. Help us who know the truth to stand up for truth and share the message of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment