Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, December 19, 2022

QT 12/19/2022 Gen 49:9-10, Jesus' reign is coming -- what am I doing?

Genesis 49:9–10 (ESV) —

9 Judah is a lion’s cub;

from the prey, my son, you have gone up.

He stooped down; he crouched as a lion

and as a lioness; who dares rouse him?

10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah,

nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,

until tribute comes to him;

and to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.

 

NOTE: There are a lot of ways to view or interpret something until you get more information. For instance, the scepter did not start in Judah, but rather in the tribe of Benjamin which was by far the smallest of tribes. It was nearly wiped out during the time of Judges. The scepter did ultimately pass to Judah, to David, and as far as that tribe was concerned, it stayed with Judah until Israel was destroyed by Babylon in 586 BC. The scepter seem to split in the days after Solomon between Rehoboam and Jeroboam, as Israel split into two kingdoms. Given the prophecy, one might never have imagined the country splitting. In the northern kingdom, the scepter was controlled by many different tribes. In the southern kingdom, it was always the tribe of Judah. One might never had thought that the scepter would end, but it did. The scepter is now in Jesus' hand, but his physical rule will not begin until after the seventieth-seven, the tribulation period. Then Jesus will reign again over all the earth. I believe David will also reign during the millennial time over Israel. And multitudes of tribulation saints and church saints will also reign, judge, and serve the Lord during the millennial period as a reward for their ministry.

 

PONDER:

  1. What am I doing to prepare myself for service to Jesus during the millennial period? Knowing the word and being like Jesus (sanctification) are the key job requirements (at least in my mind).

 

PRAYER: Father, I do look forward to serving in those days. It is my character that will matter, and my love for you. Continue to show mercy and prepare me for ministry now and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment