Ephesians 4:17–19 (ESV) —
17 Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds. 18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 19 They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity.
NOTE: How NOT to walk as a Christian is pretty clear, don't walk (live) like you used to live. Notice the emphasis on the mind. In the past, there was a certain futility in our thinking. Our understanding was darkened, probably the result of believing what others said about life versus what God says. We were ignorant of God and our hard heart did not want to know God. We were callous and empty, and we sought sensuality and greed to fill up our empty souls. But none of that works. It only gets worse as we seek to follow Satan's schemes. We want to be lied to, because it suits our sin. We don't want truth because then we would have to repent of our sins, even though our sins are the cause of our emptiness. We would be hopeless if Jesus had not died for our sins and offered us a gift that can completely change us from the inside out.
PONDER:
- Who do you listen to, the world or God's word?
- Do you feel empty? You need to do something different …
PRAYER: Father, thank you that Jesus changed my life so many years ago. I was lost, but now I am found. I have experienced a taste of heaven. I have seen you take me through the valley, and emerge stronger on the other side. Thank you for your great love and you great mercy.
No comments:
Post a Comment