Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

QT 9/8/2026 Eph 3:20–21, Looking for HIS super-abundant answers

Ephesians 3:20–21 (ESV) —

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

 

NOTE: Paul ends his very lofty prayer with even more lofty ending. God is able to FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY that all we ask or (even) think. The capitalized words are two Greek words combined, both indicating "greatly" and "beyond measure." It is super abundantly.

 

I think we fail to think of God in these terms. We just want our prayers answered in our terms, but God has better plans, much-much-better plans. We need to take this to heart. We need to pray, but in the expectation of God answering super abundantly, in ways (most of the time) that we are not even thinking about.

 

I think part of our problem is that we don't rejoice at all times and in all circumstances. Yesterday, a friend told me a story. Corrie Ten Boom and her sister were moved to a different prison building infested with lice and fleas. Her sister felt this was an opportunity to follow the scriptural command "to rejoice always." Later, her sister found out that the reason the guards never visited their building was the fleas, allowing the two girls to minister to the other prisoners.

 

If we rejoiced more often, we might be surprised to see answers to our prayers that we never imagined.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I look for God's super-abundant answers or do I evaluate answers to prayers based on my small pre-supposed best answers?
  2. Do I rejoice in all circumstances? Do I look for good in every situation?

 

PRAYER: Father, a different attitude and perspective to life might completely change our view of everything in life. Help us to life from your perspective and not from ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment