Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

QT 14 Oct 15, Isa 49:14-15, God is like a mother, he will never forget us

Isa 49:14-15 (ESV)
14 But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me."

15  "Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.

NOTE: It is interesting that God uses the image of a mother instead of a father to answer the complaint of Zion that God has forgotten them. In the midst of suffering, it often feels as if God has forgotten us. Our prayers seem to go un-answered and if answered, not in the way we would desire. A father can be harsh at times as he trains his children. A mother, on the other hand, is often overly tender. She intervenes and cares when maybe she shouldn't. God is both, he knows what is best, but he has the deep yearning of a mother for us. He will never forget us. He loves us greatly. This is where faith is required and this is the definition of faith: that God knows our situation, he understands, he CARES, and he is working to bring about good in our situation. We must believe God cares; we must not think his silence suggests he does not care our has forgotten us. Look for him--He will answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment